Followers

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Marvellous Masks

Hello again,

This one was made for my brother in laws birthday; the post is a bit of a long one & very wordy, sorry!!


Background
I created the background after watching parts of Marvellous Masks 2 by Ali Reeve.
I inked two lots of card using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then placed the Disco mask onto one of the pieces of card and spritzed through it. I lifted the mask & still wet placed it onto the other piece of card. I then left both pieces of card to dry. 

Taking the first piece of card I then replaced the mask & inked through it using Versamark ink but I also made sure I covered all the mask in ink. After removing the mask I turned it over & placed it onto the 2nd piece of card this I then ran through my Grand Calibur which transferred the ink from the mask to the card.

I then brushed blue mica powder over both pieces of card which created pearlescent sheen to the backgrounds I then fixed them with a fixative spray.

The 2nd background is the one I used for the card but here's the 1st one, as you can see it's like a negative of the other - I need to practice getting the ink smoother so you don't see the lines. It may have turned out better if I'd used a bit of cut & dry foam but I'll use it when I create a card with a more distressed look. I've included the card again to make it easier for comparison.

 


Tiger
The tiger was another mask on which I used glitter paste from Glitz Craft and then left it to dry. I then cut it out and affixed to the card using foam pads.

Sentiment
This can't be seen very well in the photo but the card was inked in the Tumbled Glass and then the design from Lili of the Valley was used and stamped with Versamark and brushed over with silver mica powder.

The whole card is brought together with some matting & layering and a couple of spellbinders dies. I also lightly inked around the edge of the card to soften the white card.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog & thank-you for leaving a comment which I look forward to reading.