Thursday, 29 May 2014

18th Birthday Card

Well yet another family birthday his time for my niece who is 18. The image is a digital stamp from Saturated Canary and was a freebie for Facebook group members. I just loved colouring this one using my Promarkers and I was so pleased with the result it was a while before I could bring myself to use it on a card but then I can always do another one.

The Promarker colours I used were:

Ruby, Cardinal Red, Burgundy

Cobalt Blue, China Blue, Midnight Blue

Ivory, Raw Sienna, Terracotta, Chestnut

Ivory, Blush, Oatmeal

Money Bag
Tan, cinnamon, Cocoa

Cinnamon, Cocoa, Umber

Ear Rings & Coins
Gold, Amber

The dies for the flowers, the corner & the numbers are Tattered Lace. The card is the linen look gold from create and craft so not as bright as usual mirri card, although it seems to be brighter in the photos than in real life.

The happy birthday die is from Tonic Studios and the backing papers we in my stash I think they're a Papermania design but can't be sure. The embossing folder was Crafters Companion Embossalicious Perfect Paisley.

Sunday, 25 May 2014

Boudacious Bev Times Two

Well another family birthday card this time my 25 year old step-son. He's football mad but I decided to do something completely different this year so I used a Kenny K digi image that I've had for ages but never used. 

It's quite amazing how different an image can look just by changing some of the colours. All the colours for the hair & skin were the same I changed the Reds for Pinks & used lighter greys but that was all.

So on both images were:
Ivory, Raw Sienna, Terracotta, Chestnut

Satin, Putty, Oatmeal

Lipstick Red, Red, Berry Red,
Warm Grey 4, Warm Grey 5, Black

Cocktail Pink, Carmine, Magenta,
Warm Grey 2, Warm Grey 3, Warm Grey 4

All the papers and card backgrounds were from my stash. The dies were spellbinders for the cushions and the headboard & a tattered lace sentiment. The punch was a Tonic Studios.

This was one that turned out just as I hoped.

Sunday, 11 May 2014

Mad About...

Here's another of my makes that I did in March. It was for my step-daughters 21st birthday. I designed the card as a gate fold as I wanted the inside to surprise her. The front of course had to be her favourite colour which is purple so out came my tonic dies for the plaques and borders and my Tattered Lace dies for the words and numbers all tied up with purple ribbon.

As I know she's a little mad about Giraffes I was desperately looking for an image I could use. Luckily Google came to the rescue and this absolutely gorgeous image popped up on Mo's Digital PencilI also made a concious decision to keep it simple so that the image inside stood out and wasn't hidden by a lot of embellishment (that was on the front of the card). It was coloured with Promarkers all shades of brown with the exception of the flower.

Burnt Umber, Henna, Cocoa, 
Caramel, Tan, Putty, Almond

Purple, Yellow, Leaf Green

The image was mounted onto black & then purple card before being added to the inside of the gate fold. I used the perfect layers rulers to do this matting and layering, I only got them recently and they are fab makes it so much easier to get everything right.

I do have to add that my step-daughter loved her card.

Friday, 2 May 2014

Anything Goes at Anonymous Stamps

A little news for you today, I was asked to join the Design Team of Anonymous Stamps and I say: Yes please & thank-you for asking! 

This came about after entering my Mothers Day card into one of their challenges. It's my first ever DT membership and this post is my first ever DT card so I hope you like it. The challenge this month is Anything Goes so hop on over to the Anonymous Stamps Blog pick up a free digi stamp and enter the challenge.

I've chosen Windswept as my main image for this months challenge but I've actually incorporated a second image Strawberry Blossom, it needed a little resizing and also flipping to fit but I thought they worked perfectly together. The colour combination is an unusual one for me but I'm really pleased with the outcome.

The card base was made using pearlescent copper card-stock and the largest Spellbinders Grand Stately Circle die. The second largest die from the same set was used to cut the green paper. Using some of the left over card-stock I then attached the two circle dies to create an easel card base.

The images were coloured with Promarkers the colours used are listed below:

Pastel Yellow, Raw Sienna, Terracotta

Almond, Blush, Dusky Pink

Dress & Bow
Lime Zest, Lime Green, Pear Green

Primrose, Soft Lime, Tulip Yellow
Eggnog, Apricot

Leaves & Stems
Lime Zest, Lime Green, Pear Green

The Windswept digi stamp was then attached to the front of the card as were the two floral stamps, the latter with Pinflair glue to add some dimension. 

I created the stopper using another Spellbinders die, Medallion One. which I attached to the base of the easel with foam tape. The flower I added to the top of this and the centre of the floral digi stamp was created using Crealies Creative Flower die number 10.

The design was finished off with a few gems, some ribbon and a sentiment stamped onto the same papers, these were also cut with Spellbinders Circles and Lacy Circles.

Now you've got through this long post don't forget the challenge over on the Anonymous Stamps Blog.